[PDF / EPUB] King Kong Introduction by Greg BearPreface by Mark Cotta VazThe giant prehistoric gorilla King Kong is one of the most recognized images in our culture So great is the mighty Kong’s hold on the popular imagin Introduction by Greg BearPreface by Mark Cotta VazThe giant prehistoric gorilla King Kong is one of the most recognized images in our culture So great is the mighty Kong’s hold on the popular imagination that his story–a gripping yarn of man versus nature coupled with a fantastical update of the Beauty and the Beast legend–has been thrice made into a motion picture most recently in and referenced endlessly in every medium from books to prime time sitcoms Beneath King Kong’s cultural significance however is a tense and surprisingly tender story One cannot help but be frightened by Kong’s uncontrollable fury be saddened over the giant’s capture mistreatment and exploitation by venal showmen or sympathize with the beast’s ill fated affection for the down on her luck starlet Ann Darrow This Modern Library edition of a true colossus among adventure stories is reprinted from the original novelization of the movie script and includes a Preface by Mark Cotta Vaz the preeminent biographer of Merian C Cooper producer of the original classic film From the Trade Paperback edition.
King Kong eBook ß Paperback
- "A Trade like Any Other": Female Singers and Dancers in Egypt
- Affluence Without Abundance: What We Can Learn from the World's Most Successful Civilisation
- Mirage: Napoleon's Scientists and the Unveiling of Egypt
- From Sidi el Barrani to Beda Fomm 1940-1941 - Mussolini's Caporetto: an Italian perspective
- Modern Art in Egypt: Identity and Independence, 1850-1936
- The Sultan's Feast: A Fifteenth-Century Egyptian Cookbook